The Jefferson Township Chamber of Commerce is a civic organization that works with and for businesses in and around Jefferson Township, located in northern New Jersey. For over 20 years, the Chamber has been an active and engaged community partner, committed to:
- improving the economic climate for local companies and organizations of all sizes
- supporting our local businesses’ growth and success
- fostering a sense of kinship and cooperation in our community
- implementing social initiatives that promote the well-being and prosperity of area residents
The Chamber represents the point of convergence for business and community, each one fostering the growth and prosperity of the other. It offers its members a community of like-minded individuals who understand that the success of area businesses is largely dependent on the economic and social health of our local community. To help our entire community thrive, we host and participate in area events, contribute to neighborhood nonprofit organizations, pursue civic improvement projects, and provide financial support to local students.
Of course, supporting area businesses is the backbone of our organization. We work hard to attract new businesses to the area, and in fact, many businesses have joined our community since our inception. In addition to offering regular opportunities for professional development and networking, we also help businesses connect with and support one another, encouraging the sharing of referrals, the forming of strategic alliances, and the patronage of chamber member organizations.
Our overarching goal is to foster a symbiotic relationship between the business community and area residents, so that each ensures the other has what they need to grow and thrive. Want to help make it happen? Join the Chamber now!
The stated purpose of the Chamber is as follows:
- To promote the interests and welfare of its members by fostering and encouraging the advancement of the commercial, industrial, civic, and general interests of Jefferson Township and its trade area.
- To cooperate with other area and state Chambers of Commerce to further the interests of the Chambers’ members and advance the purposes set forth above.
- To advise its members and the Jefferson Township area of economic and legal developments which the Chamber determines to be of general interest.
- To conduct or engage in all lawful activities in furtherance of the foregoing purposes, or incidental thereto and such other lawful activities as determined by the Board of Directors, subject to any limitations set forth herein and subject to maintaining its status as a not-for-profit organization.
- To promote goodwill among business members at chamber events and other community activities. No member shall exclude another from any chamber function by reason of competition, nor shall a member restrict involvement of a competitor. (read more in our by-laws here)
The Chamber is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors which currently comprises a President, a Vice-President, a Treasurer and seven other board members.
Dr Bret Hartman – President
In Jefferson Township we are fortunate to have many diverse businesses all working together to benefit the community. We are truly blessed to have leaders, business owners, healthcare providers, educators, and a wealth of private citizens who are happy to share in our mission to provide stability and a healthy community environment for our children and grandchildren.
The Chamber serves the business community through a wide variety of programs and services from monthly mixers, networking lunches and our Chamber Works television series to ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new businesses, marketing assistance and business development.
We want you to use this website to seek out and utilize the businesses and organizations that support this great community.
If you are not a member of the Jefferson Township Chamber of Commerce, please join us today. the investment of your time in the Chamber will benefit your business in many different ways.
I look forward to working with you to make Jefferson Township a better place to live, work and raise a family.
John Tully – Vice-President
I’m excited to be associated with the Jefferson Township Chamber of Commerce both in terms of being able to meet & network with other local small businesses and in being able to give back to the community.
I’d invite all local businesses and organizations to reach out to me and discover how you can get involved too.
Ali Lohr – Treasurer
Ali is a Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) and QuickBooks Online (QBO) ProAdvisor. She enjoys a challenge and learns through continued research. As a past officer in several non-profit and civic organizations, she knows the importance of giving back. Ali shops locally and supports small businesses in and around Jefferson Township.
Kipps’s Books – Bookkeeping services
Christopher Brancato is the Director of Development and Public Relations for the Department for Persons with Disabilities (DPD). DPD is a nonprofit organization based out of Jefferson Township. DPD provides care for over 100 individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Morris, Passaic and Sussex County. The Alexander House, Columbus House and Finnegan House Group Homes are all located in Oak Ridge and the Gruenert Center, a vocational day program, is located in Lake Hopatcong. In addition to residential and vocational support, DPD provides recreational activities, pastoral care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities who live in the community.
Chris has been the Director of Development since 2010. Chris oversees all fundraising events, individual gift solicitations and communications for DPD and has worked with the organization in various capacities since 2003. He was previously the Director of Fitzpatrick House Group Home in Pompton Lakes and before that, was a Residential Counselor at Murray House in Clifton. Chris earned a Master’s Degree in Clinical and Counseling Psychology in 2010 and has a background in psychology and individual counseling. In addition to being a Board Member for the Jefferson Township Chamber of Commerce, Chris is a Board Member at the Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Intervention Services (DASI), a member of the NJ Association of Fundraising Professionals, a Member of the Knights of Columbus (#3835 Our Lady of the Highway Council), the leader of DPD’s Scout Troop #1965 and a member of DPD’s People Need Friends Volunteer Group.
Department for Persons with Disabilities